Introduction

After much research and thought I have decided a whole food plant based diet is the best choice for me. Here are some recipes I use and I hope you enjoy! Most of my recipes will focus on whole food animal product free meals. I do like to bake some vegan pastries from time to time though they are not intended to be healthy but to provide a treat while maintaining a plant based diet. If you have any questions or comments feel free to ask away!

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Vegan Sugar Cookies


A great treat and easy way to impress doubters!

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Ingredients

  • 5 cups unbleached flour
  • 4 tsp aluminum free baking powder
  • 2 cups sugar (I like organic dried cane juice)
  • 1/2 cup rice milk
  • 1 tbs vanilla extract
  • 3 1/4 sticks (13 ounces) Vegan Buttery Sticks (my favorite butter substitute though I'm sure others will do)


Instructions
In a heavy duty blender beat the Vegan Buttery Sticks and sugar together until very well mixed and fluffy. Mix in baking soda, then the rice milk and vanilla.  Slowly add the flour one cup at a time but be gentle.  Do not over mix.

Grease cookie sheet with extra virgin olive oil or line with parchment paper.  Take golf ball size chunks or slightly smaller and roll into ball, then flatten with hands until about 1/2 to 1/3 inch thick and place on cookie sheet.  If you don't intend to frost you can sprinkle some sugar over the top of the cookies.  Bake for 15 minutes.  Let cookies cool before moving them.  Makes 3 dozen.  Enjoy!

Vegan Frosting coming next!


2 comments:

  1. These sound good! I'll be sure to try them. Thanks for the recipe.

    I posted my favorite vegan cake recipe on my blog a while back. Here's the link if you're interested:

    http://madebynicole.blogspot.com/2011/10/cake-37-vegan-basic-vanilla-cake.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog, I look forward to following it! (I will show up as Eric Reeves)

    ReplyDelete