Introduction

After much research and thought I have decided a whole food plant based diet is the best choice for me. Here are some recipes I use and I hope you enjoy! Most of my recipes will focus on whole food animal product free meals. I do like to bake some vegan pastries from time to time though they are not intended to be healthy but to provide a treat while maintaining a plant based diet. If you have any questions or comments feel free to ask away!

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Vegan Pancakes

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 2 tsp aluminum free baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 3/4 cups rice milk (coconut milk my be used if you desire a chewier consistency)
  • 3/4 cup berries (frozen or fresh)


Instructions
Mix dry ingredients, add milk and stir well.  Fold in berries gently.  Cook on stick free pan greased with extra virgin olive oil (I use a great refillable air pump spray canister) on 400 degrees or medium high heat until edges start to firm up and darken a little, then flip.

Feeds 2

These are a huge hit whenever I make them.  I get repeated requests for them at my house, and of course my kids love them.  Have fun and please feel free to ask questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment