Introduction

After much research and thought I have decided a whole food plant based diet is the best choice for me. Here are some recipes I use and I hope you enjoy! Most of my recipes will focus on whole food animal product free meals. I do like to bake some vegan pastries from time to time though they are not intended to be healthy but to provide a treat while maintaining a plant based diet. If you have any questions or comments feel free to ask away!

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Vegan Frosting

Ingredients

  • 1 stick Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Sticks
  • 3 cups powdered sugar
  • 1/3 cup rice milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract


Instructions
Let the Vegan Buttery Sticks soften a bit, either in the microwave for a few seconds or leave on the counter.  Beat in mixer very well until creamy.  Add the rice milk and vanilla, then the powdered sugar and continue beating until smooth and creamy.  Frost away and be happy!

You can also add 2/3 cup cocoa powder before adding powdered sugar for chocolate frosting.



2 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious. When we were vegan I made frosting very much like that and it was spectacular.

    Do you have the book Vegan with a Vengeance or Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World? Both are excellent.

    Looking forward to reading more here.

    Warmly,
    Nicole

    (Venti non-fat misto, two pumps of toffee nut heading through the drive through at the end of your shift - I offered you a muffin)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have those books, they sound great though I will have to check them out. Thanks for checking out my blog I intend to keep it going for quite a while :)

    ReplyDelete