Introduction

After much research and thought I have decided a whole food plant based diet is the best choice for me. Here are some recipes I use and I hope you enjoy! Most of my recipes will focus on whole food animal product free meals. I do like to bake some vegan pastries from time to time though they are not intended to be healthy but to provide a treat while maintaining a plant based diet. If you have any questions or comments feel free to ask away!

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Quick and Easy Chili

This is something we throw together when we don't have the energy to cook something a little more time consuming.  It's not fancy but it really tastes great.  And it's easy on the wallet too!

Ingredients
1 can garbanzo beans
1 can black beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can Busch's Vegetarian Baked Beans
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 tablespoon chili powder

Instructions
Throw everything except chili powder in a big pot and place on medium heat on stove.  Add chili powder.  Stir occasionally.  Season to taste.  I love to add a bunch of hot sauce to my chili and a bunch more chili powder but my kids don't enjoy that much so I have to season my chili separately.

Serves 4-6

No comments:

Post a Comment